Thursday, August 17, 2006

Can't We All Just Get Along?

At my other home I have a lot of "friends" who post for me. Of course, some think this is an indication of some mental issues I may have. To try and dispel some of these thoughts, I am going to keep this blog pure WHW.

Noticed the other day that the President of Iran has his own blog, http://www.ahmadinejad.ir/ (you may need to click on the English version to read this...If not, you likely are unable to read this.).

While I am far from a political activist or someone who likes to discuss politics, this blog has been chewing at me since I spent time reading it the other night.

Yes, I seem to pick up some hostility toward America in his writings. But, he should be free to express himself....just as I am free to express myself. And here are some of my expressions:
  1. How about a 50 Facts about Mahmoud Ahmadenijad?? Favorite color, favorite food, where he gets his hair cut? You know....important stuff.
  2. I really like the poll question. My answer was in line with the majority...sweet. I would like to see some questions with a little less political slant...like, who do you think will win the AL East this year?
  3. Overall, the site is nicely done...but I think one commenter is correct that the font should be larger. I had a hard time making out "Great Satan USA" in a couple spots.
  4. I like his idea to keep the next post a bit smaller and simpler....although a 15 minute time limit might be a bit too constrictive.
  5. I would like the "comment posting" section to be translated to English when I request the body of the post to be translated. I really want to make sure I know what I am doing when I hit the لطفا يك آيتم را انتخاب نماييد button.
  6. I like the fourth picture in his photo library. Nice smile...no flags...no gestures.
  7. RSS feed is a nice touch. Lets me know when the blog is updated.
  8. Maybe he could start a second blog on MySpace and show his lighter side.
  9. Wouldn't it had been cool to have had controversial leaders in the past blogging?
  10. I think he should add some multimedia to the site. Something as simple as the national anthem would do wonders for the site.

Since I know a lot of current world leaders read my blogs, I encourage them all to embrace this method of communication. Come on Hu Jintao, Hosni Mubarak, and Vladimir Putin....get a blog going.

Finally, my only word of advice to the President is that hate can only sell for so long. I strongly suggest he explore other types of posts....like a good potty post. Only a suggestion.

Post a Comment

Meet The New Boss - Same As The Old Boss

Remember when this blog used to be your go-to source for juvenile stories focusing on bathroom experiences, weird personal encounters, and a...