Thursday, January 11, 2007

"It's not that I'm lazy. It's that I just don't care." - Peter Gibbons(Office Space)

Recently listened to a great discussion on the radio about ways men exhibit true laziness. Not irresponsible laziness....but funny, goofy laziness. Here are some I have:
  • I will wear socks for two or three days in a row instead of looking for another pair.
  • If I see a small rock on the kitchen floor, I will frequently kick it down to the basement instead of picking it up.
  • I seldomly wear mated socks
  • I prefer eating off of paper plates
  • I will sleep with my head on the dining room table instead of taking the LONNNNG walk up to my room...or even the less LONNNG walk to the living room
  • When cooking spaghetti, I will cook the entire box every time
  • While ironing my work shirts is not lazy, I usually set the iron to its hottest temp so the wrinkles go away faster. I have lost several shirts this way.
  • I will mow over virtually anything not living
  • When I have several trips to make from the back of the house to the front, I will frequently leave a can of pop halfway between, and get a drink on each pass.
  • When cooking with the microwave, I will always set the cook time to a time where both numbers are the same. For example, if I toss something in to be warmed up, I will cook multiple times for 22 seconds. This allows me to not have to move my fingers much when I set the microwave. This one really drives my wife batty.
  • Once, for about two weeks, I washed in the shower with one of those foot stones because I kept forgetting to get a rag as I walked past the bathroom dresser.
  • Yes, I take swigs straight from the milk jug.
  • Instead of looking for a comb, I will use my fingers to comb my hair.
  • No, I will not urinate while taking a shower. I do have my limits.
  • I once watched the same kids movie three times instead of changing the channel simply because I couldn't find the remote.
  • I frequently dust the living room using the sleeve of my sweatshirt. Just didn't feel like walking into the kitchen and getting a rag.

Am I alone here?? Do others go to extremes to simply avoid doing something? Is laziness like this cross-gender? I can't think of too many ways Mrs. is like this....except possibly when cooking. Instead of looking for a recipe, she has been known to wing it....usually not good.

4 comments:

InTheFastLane said...

I think everyone has those little things that they do. I don't think of it as lazy so much as things you do to make life easier. We all have enough stress, right?

My husband makes his life eaier by puting the new toilet paper on the roll, even though he gets the roll out of the cabinet and balances it on the old roll. But, he doesn't actually dispose of the old roll.

I am still working on figuring out an example for me. Maybe my husband would be better at picking on out...

Chris said...

Swigs from the gallon of OJ I do all the time. And sleeves were meant to be used as dust cloths. But I gotta say your list makes me think you still live at college. The first time one of the boys (aka fraternity brothers) start emulating this list, the house mom (Mrs WHW) will come down on you HARD...

Elizabeth said...

"Once, for about two weeks, I washed in the shower with one of those foot stones because I kept forgetting to get a rag as I walked past the bathroom dresser."
Oh, My!!!! That is brilliant!!! Dude, that is the best description of lazy that I have EVER heard.
Just brilliant!!!

Caffeinated Librarian said...

You mean you dust?

*looks around and whistles*

Any man who takes a swig directly from my milk carton, which holds milk reserved for my coffee and is therefore sacred, will be one. dead. man.

That's all I'm sayin' - perhaps this is why I'm single?

Mountain Dew, Why Do You Hate Me?

 For most of my life (a lengthy bit of time) I have been a passionate supporter of Mountain Dew.  To apply a time filter to this statement, ...