Thursday, August 02, 2007

Way Back Machine

In a nostalgic mood this evening. Decided to play around with some of the cool new stuff on the web; specifically, Facebook, Twitter, and Pownce.

The irony of the evening has been that, while checking out these hot, new technologies, I ended up going over the YouTube and watching old (70's/80's) TV and music videos.

Stuff like:



and



and (damn, John Candy was funny)



and, of course



and, in my humble opinion, the finest show ever on television



The true test of any new technology....how does it handle the classics.

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

John Candy was the man. :) Who doesn't love Uncle Buck?

Anonymous said...

I miss John Candy!! I had never seen that bit before. I want an Uncle Buck!!Hilarious!!! And of course, Bass-O-Matic remains a classic!!

Trains, Planes and Automobiles is still one of my favorites!! Thanks for the memories.

Elizabeth said...

YouTube must be like nectar from the Gods for you. :)

Mountain Dew, Why Do You Hate Me?

 For most of my life (a lengthy bit of time) I have been a passionate supporter of Mountain Dew.  To apply a time filter to this statement, ...