Monday, May 05, 2008

Soul Mate

As I quickly approach my 20th wedding anniversary, I am frequently reminded how/why we have been able to stay together for so long.

It's not because I am very easy to live with. It's not that I am a world class romantic. It's not that I am an extremely hard worker at home.

You see, love is about understanding and acceptance. Understanding and acceptance of the others' specific "uniquenesses". For my lovely wife sees me for what I am (a goofy, childish, dork) and accepts me as that.

Perfect example: she recently went along as a chaperone on one of our son's band trip to Washington D. C. Upon returning home, she gave each of the kids their new tshirt. Knowing I would likely mope around if I didn't get anything, she handed me a special gift she said screamed me when she saw it. She only asked that I not put it on my car.

Fair enough....it goes on my bookcase at work.

Thank you, honey :>)


4 comments:

Caffeinated Librarian said...

Dude. That is so you. The Mrs. is one wise woman...and patient. Very patient.

Chris said...

I will be stopping by to see this treasure.

Our 20th anniversary is the week following yours. We'll be spending a few days in Cincy watching my Cardinals square off against the Reds. Prudence knows me pretty well, too :)

How's the non-haircut coming?

Dory said...

LOL. LOVE IT!! She did good!

Guinevere said...

OMG. I swear you and M are from the same mold...or at least cast the same day. lol That bumper sticker is appropriate for him too...and I make the same comments about his hair. lol TOOOOOO weird. lol You crack me up!

Mountain Dew, Why Do You Hate Me?

 For most of my life (a lengthy bit of time) I have been a passionate supporter of Mountain Dew.  To apply a time filter to this statement, ...