Sunday, September 17, 2006

Best/Dumbest Buy Of The Week

A couple days ago I found myself in a local Mejier (much like a Walmart) with Mrs. WHW. We were taking some time to ourselves to get some much needed grocery shopping done. Yes, not very romantic, but any time together is nice...even while shopping for groceries. Besides, I think she in entertained at how others are attracted to me (see various posts at my MSN space for clarification.)

Anyway, as we are walking past the CD/DVD section of the store, a movie caught my eye. One I have only seen once...but is considered by most to be the "best" of its kind. And, it was only $9.00!!!

Now, Mrs. WHW had never heard of the movie, and rolled her eyes as I read her the notes on the box....and explained how cool it would be to own. She finally agreed, as long as I get to some long overdue garage cleaning this weekend. Shoot and score!

I'm sure you are wondering, what movie did I lobby so hard for??? None other than the infamous "Plan 9 from Outer Space"!! The Ed Wood classic considered by most to be THE worst movie ever made (although I still think Cadyshack 2 is worse).

There is definitely some perks in having never matured past ninth grade level of maturity.

3 comments:

Guinevere said...

lol I haven't heard of that one. I'll have to ask M if he has. We do the same thing at Walmart in the cheap movie bin. We'll dig through it, he'll gasp and say, "OH J! Look! Please please please!" And I roll my eyes and wrinkle my nose because it's usually some stupid B movie. lol I'm praying and praying that he never runs across 'Terrorvision'!!! UGH!

http://caroldee.wordpress.com said...

IS caddyshack one the best then if caddyshack 2 is the worst??? HAHAHH I can never get through a worst film I usually turn it off before it gets to be "the worst"..I sorta know these things..I am slightly psychic in the matters of bad and really bad..it's scary but I deal with it.. : )

Sue said...

I wish we had Meijer here! I have to travel to Chicago to visit.

Don't know that movie, but do know who Ed Wood is (thanks to Johnny *wink*).

You have fun with that clean up dude!

Sue

Mountain Dew, Why Do You Hate Me?

 For most of my life (a lengthy bit of time) I have been a passionate supporter of Mountain Dew.  To apply a time filter to this statement, ...