Mrs. WHW is heading off Thursday morning for a 4 day excursion. That means I will be on my own with the crew 7x24 for 4 days.
That's two days of trips to school, a full day of various soccer games, church, and unplanned trips around town.
You might be saying to yourself, "You sound scared.....are you scared WHW?". Heck yes....I'm terrified.
Don't get me wrong. I can handle the normal day-to-day tasks. I do many of them every day as my share of the workload around the house. For example, here's how I rate the common tasks (in terms of how much I am "sweating" them):
- Laundry - No sweat
- Meals - a little sweat (especially if I try to keep them nutritious)
- Baths for the little ones - no sweat
- Vacuuming /dusting - no sweat
- Administering any needed medicine - significant sweat
- Shuttling to/from school - a little sweat
- Coordinating events - big time sweat
- Doing dishes - no sweat
- Dealing with issues in school - significant sweat
- General bedtime tasks - medium sweat
- Managing TV/XBox/Computer time - tons of sweat
- Making sure everyone reads for at least 30 minutes each nite - tons of sweat
As you can probably tell, I have the majority of things under control. However, I do have those things that I am just not good at. I'm sure the little boogers can sense my fear....and will leverage it whenever possible.
The other twist here is that I leave for Atlanta on Sunday....just as Mrs. WHW gets home....so I have to squeeze in a little time for packing....and the jitters I get before flying.
So, if you don't hear from me in a week or so....send help.