Wednesday, September 20, 2006

If You Don't Hear From Me, Please Send Help

Mrs. WHW is heading off Thursday morning for a 4 day excursion.  That means I will be on my own with the crew 7x24 for 4 days. 

That's two days of trips to school, a full day of various soccer games, church, and unplanned trips around town.

You might be saying to yourself, "You sound scared.....are you scared WHW?".  Heck yes....I'm terrified. 

Don't get me wrong.  I can handle the normal day-to-day tasks.  I do many of them every day as my share of the workload around the house.  For example, here's how I rate the common tasks (in terms of how much I am "sweating" them):

  1. Laundry - No sweat
  2. Meals - a little sweat (especially if I try to keep them nutritious)
  3. Baths for the little ones - no sweat
  4. Vacuuming /dusting - no sweat
  5. Administering any needed medicine - significant sweat
  6. Shuttling to/from school - a little sweat
  7. Coordinating events - big time sweat
  8. Doing dishes - no sweat
  9. Dealing with issues in school - significant sweat
  10. General bedtime tasks - medium sweat
  11. Managing TV/XBox/Computer time - tons of sweat
  12. Making sure everyone reads for at least 30 minutes each nite - tons of sweat

As you can probably tell, I have the majority of things under control.  However, I do have those things that I am just not good at.  I'm sure the little boogers can sense my fear....and will leverage it whenever possible.

The other twist here is that I leave for Atlanta on Sunday....just as Mrs. WHW gets home....so I have to squeeze in a little time for packing....and the jitters I get before flying.

So, if you don't hear from me in a week or so....send help. 

5 comments:

Guinevere said...

Don't worry. We've all got your back if you lose it! lol You know, when I've gone away for a few days (esp. when the kids were little) and M had to do the day to day stuff with them, I always came home thinking, "What have they been doing while I was gone???" I'd be a little irritated if it wasn't all done perfectly, but now, looking back, it didn't kill them or traumatize them. They all made it out alive. They're perfectly healthy. They love both of us. Heck. A day or two or three...even if you mess something up, they'll live. :o)

Good luck! Remember, we're here if you need us! :o)

Sue said...

You can do it! You can do it! You can do it! It's nothing more than us mommies do all the time. Although, I would never leave Dweeb with the kids more than a few hours. The kids would rule the roost!

Good luck and scream if you need assistance.

Sue

Caffeinated Librarian said...

Hehehehehehehehehehehe.

I don't know why, but I find this whole idea very funny.

I really don't have anything more to add than that. (Am I a pal, or WHAT?!)

Anonymous said...

I think all men sweat when it comes to organizing events. We even have a family calendar listing everything and the Mr. still needs a daily reminder of who has what soccer practice and when. Maybe that gene only belongs to women. No offense.

Mocha said...

Sweating must also be done before flying, eh? What's the barometer on that one? A little? Medium sweat? Please-remove-my-pit-stained-shirt sweat? The atmostpheric pressure seems astounding.

Best of luck. Let us know how Mrs. WHW does as sweating when she sees the state of the house and children when she returns.

Mountain Dew, Why Do You Hate Me?

 For most of my life (a lengthy bit of time) I have been a passionate supporter of Mountain Dew.  To apply a time filter to this statement, ...