Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Kirk sets the Constellation to self-destruct.....

First off, Happy Thanksgiving to all. How many shopping days until Christmas????
Food plays a critical part of home life for the WHW's. This is likely partly due to having five kids....all boys. They are eating machines that are never full. Recently, I was given the duty of feeding this "mob" all three meals of a day. Mrs. WHW took a trip with her sisters and mom....leaving me full responsibility. Here is how it played out:

Breakfast: An entire box of Honey Nut Cheerios gone, 1/2 box of Fruit Loops gone. 3/4 gallon of milk gone. 5 slices of toast gone. Many of them were up before me. When I got downstairs, the table looked like Kellog's had dropped a bomb in our dining room.

Lunch: I gave the youngest (4 years old) the call on what to have. We ended up having 2 boxes of Macaroni and Cheese, 1 small bag of carrot sticks, 1/3 bottle of ranch dressing (dip for carrots), a pitcher of Kool-aid, and 6 hot dogs.

Snack: 3 bags of microwave popcorn.

Supper: The mob selected spaghetti, peas, salad, and garlic bread. That ended up being 2 lbs of spaghetti, two loaves of bread, 1/2 can of parmesan cheese, 1/2 bag of frozen peas, and another third of the ranch dressing.

I can't wait until Thanksgiving day at the inlaws. Little do they know that I am bringing along the human equivalent of the Doomsday Machine (see Star Trek trivia if this bizarre reference is unclear to you). Bet you were wondering how I was going to tie the title of the blog and the content together, weren't you???? Cue the Star Trek doomsday music....duh da, duh da, duh da, da duh.....


6 comments:

InTheFastLane said...

That is impressive eating! Since my oldest is a girl, we haven't hit that stage yet. But my 7 year old is a bottomless pit. So in a few years I might as well own a grocery store.

Unknown said...

Oh, my.. and we thought one teenage boy was bad! I can't even imagine feeding 5 boys!lol Good luck with that..although you did pretty good..now if you can just teach them to cook and clean up...

Guinevere said...

You know...I've heard stories about how much boys can pack away. And M's mom has told us how he could polish off an entire large supreme pizza by himself when he was still in school. But we have yet to see that in our son. He's 16 and he's never eaten like that. He's a little bit of a snack-a-holic, but not extreme. He just eats normal sized portions and never goes overboard. And he's already 5'11", so we don't have much of a future growth spurt around the corner.

And, personally, I would hate to have your grocery bill! Yikes! Will you and Mrs WHW even know how to act with all that additional income once they all leave the house??? ;o)

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Caffeinated Librarian said...

Hehehehehehehe.

Love the image of Kellog's bombing your dining room. Let me guess: the role of Patton will be played by Tony the Tiger ("It's grrrrrrrrrreat!").

So how was Thanksgiving with the inlaws?

Elizabeth said...

That is a LOT of peas. Wow. ;)

mumof3boyz said...

I have 3 boys. The oldest which is 13 and he has become an eating machine lately. I can't keep him fed. He is about 5'1" and only 85# but never stops eating. I can only wait until the 10 yr old starts too. I will have to get a second job just to feed them.

-S.

Mountain Dew, Why Do You Hate Me?

 For most of my life (a lengthy bit of time) I have been a passionate supporter of Mountain Dew.  To apply a time filter to this statement, ...