Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Ten Things That Make Me Laugh

I'm sure this question has dogged everyone at some time or another. ... "What makes WHW laugh???"

Well, as a public service to everyone, here is a partial list (possibly to be continued if anyone finds it funny)....
  1. Obscene typos as I type a post. For example, in the previous sentence I had "a pubic service".
  2. Celebrity Jeopardy from SNL many years back. "I'll take the Penis Mightier for $500. That's The Pen Is Mightier, Mr. Connory"
  3. The way little kids say things sometimes. Example, when my oldest was young, he called a truck a fruck. Had Mrs. WHW scared to death whenever we visited grandma and grandpa. Of course, I tried to get him to say it in front of them.
  4. Old clips of The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. Yea, DW, you are right. He was a master at making others funny.
  5. Misspeaks by people who have a good sense of humor. Example: at work, we are in a unit meeting hearing about an executive in the company who's first name is Dick. Well, one of the new guys pipes up and says, "You know.....I really like Dick". As he finished the sentence, he knew what he had said. The room went nuts....including him.
  6. Joking around with Mrs. WHW. While we have drastically different senses of humor, we frequently find something in common to laugh at....my clumsiness. Example: Recently, while trying to put my shoes on without untying them, I landed very hard on my bedroom floor. She comes up stairs, with a tear in here eye from laughing so hard. She knew exactly what had happened.
  7. Being around someone who has a hearty laugh
  8. Debating a co-worker about UFO's, Bigfoot, and telepathic powers
  9. The Onion and the Sports Pickle sites
  10. When someone around me is being so completely arrogant or full of themselves. Something inside me triggers me to laugh. Who knows why.

There you have it. Ten things that tickle my funny bone (insert joke here). Next time you see me walking down the street, stop me....and see if YOU CAN MAKE ME LAUGH.

6 comments:

Guinevere said...

Great list!!! lol I'm sure my clumsiness (mostly of the tongue-tied version) would make you laugh. Funnies from little kids make me laugh...and animals. I think because they couldn't possibly be staged.

We have a couple of very good friends who have extremely contagious laughs. When we're around one or both of them, you'll end up laughing for hours...and not have the slightest clue why! lol (One of them is esp. funny...he'll get the giggles and by the time it's all said and done, he'll be crying and so will everyone else in the room. lol)

InTheFastLane said...

I love your list! It made me laugh too. That "potty" humor is always good for a laugh, but it is the best when it is on accident.

On Thanksgiving we had a family member state that they "really like the big nuts you have." The whole room almost fell out of their chairs, as the family member looked around wondering why everyone was laughing.

Unknown said...

I just posted on getting the giggles..I love to laugh a lot. I like your list, but you forgot the "church laughs". I tend to laugh a lot in places I shouldn't! And I do like the ones at being clumsy. I do those a lot, too..

Guinevere said...

You've just been tagged! Check out my space to see what you need to do.

hehe

Elizabeth said...

I still get a laughed out of that Bob Eubanks(?) goof on the Newlywed Game ages ago... "And now for our $25,000 (?) boner question"...
I don't think he stopped laughing for 5 minutes.

http://caroldee.wordpress.com said...

I sure hope you are not traveling in this nightmare weather we ben having lately. It seems to have hit the whole US except for Florida. I laugh over some of the skits that RED SKELTON did in the olden days..He was a comic genius..
my fave was CLEM KADIDDLEHOPPER..even his name is funny.. take care....

Mountain Dew, Why Do You Hate Me?

 For most of my life (a lengthy bit of time) I have been a passionate supporter of Mountain Dew.  To apply a time filter to this statement, ...