Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Meme From The Caffeinated Librarian

Let it never be said that I back down from a challenge. With that in mind.....
  1. Flip to page 18, paragraph 4 - in the book closest to you right now, what does it say? The nearest book to me is an old copy of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (retired by the local library). Page 18 is in the middle of A Scandal in Bohemia. The fourth paragraph says "Some cold beef and a glass of beer, he answered, ringing the bell. I have been too busy to think of food, and I am likely to be busier still this evening. By the way, doctor, I shall want your co-operation."
  2. If you stretch out your left arm as far as possible, what are you touching? My box of Honey Graham Life cereal.
  3. What’s the last program you watched on TV? Blues Clues this morning with my youngest.
  4. Without looking, guess what time it is. 9:15 (ends up being 9:20)
  5. Aside from the computer, what can you hear right now? The fridge humming, my neighbor's leaf blower, and a couple birds outside.
  6. When was the last time you were outside and what did you do? I took my youngest to his pre-school this morning.
  7. What are you wearing? Blue hooded sweatshirt with a t-shirt under it that has my high school's name on it, blue jeans, and a pair of basketball shoes (Nike's). NO socks.
  8. Did you dream last night? If you did, what about? Don't remember dreaming last night. Last dream I remember had me in a dark room talking to my deceased sister. Sort of felt nice when I woke up. She died way too young.
  9. When was the last time you laughed? About 20 minutes ago. I fell over trying to put my shoes on without undoing the laces. I made a thud that shook the kitchen (below my room).
  10. What’s on the walls, in the room you’re in right now? Several pictures drawn by the youngest three boys. One is a very interesting interpretation of Mrs. WHW.
  11. Have you seen anything strange lately? I always see strange things. I recently saw a guy "checking out" a manequein in a department store. I think he wanted to see why it was "cold".
  12. What do you think about this meme? Its making me think....and my head is starting to hurt.
  13. What’s the last film you saw? I watched Young Frankenstein on a recent flight home.
  14. If you became a multimillionaire, what would you do with the money? Pay off all debts, put money away for my kids' education, and buy Mrs. WHW a really nice house.
  15. Tell us something about yourself that most people don’t know. I have a lot of things in my past that bug me. A lot.
  16. If you could change ONE THING in this world, without regarding politics or bad guilt, what would it be? This one is tough. I think one of the most frustrating things I see is how cruel people can be to other people, simply because of their religion. If I could change anything it would have to address that. Just not sure what one thing could be changed to fix this.
  17. Do you like dancing? Absolutely no.
  18. George Bush? He's ok. Probably a nice enough person. Not the best politician.
  19. What do you want your children’s names to be, girl/boy? Already done......no more....next question.....
  20. Would you ever consider living abroad? No
  21. What do you want God to tell you, when you come to heaven? Welcome. You didn't do half bad down there. All is forgiven. Go have yourself a big Mountain Dew.
  22. Who should do this meme? I think Dr. Cara and Chris would have some interesting answers.

2 comments:

Guinevere said...

Sup, B?

I love these kinds of memes. They give you insights in subtle ways. Cool. Like your answers...esp. the one to #15. Can so totally relate!

Have a great Thanksgiving!!!

Caffeinated Librarian said...

Sup Dude.

Boy, you're making up for lost time. Four posts in two days? Gotta be a record.

*Warm fuzzy feeling* You quoted Sherlock Holmes (and an old library copy at that). Whoo-hooo! And I chuckled at the thought of you falling over trying to put on your shoes. As for the mannequin thing...I'm not really sure what to say to that.

Challenge well met, Bill!

Mountain Dew, Why Do You Hate Me?

 For most of my life (a lengthy bit of time) I have been a passionate supporter of Mountain Dew.  To apply a time filter to this statement, ...