Friday, June 01, 2007

What I Did On My Summer Vacation - Part I

Sunday, I depart on an extended trip for work (11 days).


The first week will be spent at an unnamed vendor conference that usually draws 12,000+ nerds. This year it is in sunny Florida. This portion of the trip should be pretty cool. Learn a lot, grab some cool freebies, get some free food and drink. All that is good. The coolest thing is two of my buddies are going along (J-Girl and Kirby).


The second part of the trip is participating in a multi-day meeting in one of our offices near the conference. This portion of the trip will be real work, requiring me to be a negotiator as well as a visionary. Not two of my stronger qualities. Fortunately for me, Kirby and Pete will be along.


So, my promise to you, my faithful reader. I promise to take copious notes of any "interesting" happening and blog about it. To help me keep this promise, I have purchased a cheap ($1.99) journal from Borders. I will try to write things down soon after they happen to help me remember. I am hoping to come home with lots of good material.


Also, when I was at Borders buying the journal, I went through the discounted books section and found a book I enjoyed as a high schooler. Many years ago the book got trashed during one of my moves. So, for $7.00 I bought a new copy of "The Original Illustrated Sherlock Holmes" which I plan to read on the trip. It is just chuck full of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's short stories. By the time I get back home, I will be deducing like crazy.











BTW: Mrs. WHW isn't overly thrilled with my absence.....I guess she will really miss me.

No comments:

Mountain Dew, Why Do You Hate Me?

 For most of my life (a lengthy bit of time) I have been a passionate supporter of Mountain Dew.  To apply a time filter to this statement, ...