Sunday, August 19, 2007

Marital Support

I love my wife.

As I have blogged before, she is, in many ways, my opposite. One of our differences is that she is normal and I am me.

When I first started blogging I asked her to look over my topics and offer some feedback.

I believe one of my first posts was about my favorite cereals. I can clearly remember her reaction...."Do you think someone else in the world wants to hear why you like Sugar Crisp more than Captain Crunch?". Fair question.

One of my next posts had to do with Sid and Marty Krofft. Again, after penning what I thought was a masterpiece, I was greeted with...."I just don't think people really care about your observations of H. R. Puffenstuff." Ouch.

After this reaction, I sensed Mrs. WHW wasn't interested in screening my posts. My senses were confirmed when she said, "I don't want to read any more of your posts." So, I proceeded on, with only an occasional mention to her about my blog.

She was intrigued when our dog, Spike started blogging. She was completely puzzled when Aunt Potty showed up. She was mortified when I shared my bathroom story about Burger King. She was amused when I blogged about my "encounters" with unique people.

Fast forward to this evening. Out of the blue, she asked if I still "wrote goofy stuff online". I acknowledged that I did. I then showed her my post of dancing aliens, which triggered a chuckle. I then showed her my nerd test. After immediately pointing out a place where I said "point" instead of "noint", she seemed to enjoy the test.

Then she asked, "Does anyone ever read these?" I showed her my statcounter report. She smiled and said, "I would never had guessed 40 people in a day would want to read about your intestinal issues."

She sure has a way to distill an observation to a single thought. Another way we are opposites.

4 comments:

Guinevere said...

She sounds like M.

Huh...does that mean that I'm more like you???

ARGH!

Say it isn't so!

hehe

Anonymous said...

My wife is the same way and I'm pretty she has been reading them very early in the morning. What gives it away is when she say, "I cannot beleive you posted that last night!!' Oh the burden we must bear!

Caffeinated Librarian said...

Spike Rules! Spike Rules! Spike Rules! All bow(wow) down to Your Dog Overlords!

Yeah, I don't have that problem. My problem is fielding all the stuff from my friends and kin who want me to blog about particular things.

I go out with Jordan and Wilson - "You know you really ought to blog about this," they'll tell me.

I talk to my mom on the phone and she'll say, "I want you to tell [insert name of frequent commenter here] [insert whatever message my mom wants me to pass along that she's perfectly capable of writing herself].

And then there are the Tour links emails from everyone I know.

Not that I'm complaining really - the whole idea of the blog was to keep in touch with them, so I guess I succeeded far beyond my wildest dreams. I'm just waiting for the day when I'm dating someone and he asks, "so why don't you blog about me?" That will be the sign that my blog has taken over my life.

none said...

Dear Ms. Aging Nerd:

With all due respect, I must tell you that I find Mr. Nerd's ruminations about HR Pufnstuf to be *fascinating*. Though I am with you on the cereal thing.

:)

Mountain Dew, Why Do You Hate Me?

 For most of my life (a lengthy bit of time) I have been a passionate supporter of Mountain Dew.  To apply a time filter to this statement, ...