Monday, August 13, 2007

Merv

If you have a blog called Television and Stuff, you have some basic responsibilities. Rule #1...the Prime Directive....address all big news related to Television.

To that, I bid my respects to Merv Griffin. This is the man that created Jeopardy. That alone would put him high on the TV all-time list of accomplishments. But that was only the start for Merv. Toss in Wheel of Fortune and his talk show and you have a Daytime Emmy winner.

Every time I think of Merv, I think of Kramer putting the set from the Merv Griffin Show in his apartment.

Seems fitting to close with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A perfect tribute!! May Merv rest in peace!!

Mountain Dew, Why Do You Hate Me?

 For most of my life (a lengthy bit of time) I have been a passionate supporter of Mountain Dew.  To apply a time filter to this statement, ...