Sunday, November 18, 2007

This Has Got To End

Time for some NFL talk.....

I am a Colts fan. I have been a Colts fan since childhood. Big fan of Bert Jones, Lydell Mitchell, Roger Carr, etc. I have been a fan through all the lean years. I was a fan when they moved from Baltimore to Indy. I was a fan when they barely won 2 games in a season. I was a fan when they almost went to the Super Bowl behind Jim Harbaugh. I was a fan when they picked Manning, and people claimed Ryan Leaf was a better prospect. And, I was a fan when the won the Super Bowl.

As you might expect, I hate the Patriots. I hated them when they had a cool patriot on their helmet in the three point stance. I hated them when Steve Grogan was their quarterback. I hated them when Tony Eason lead them to the Super Bowl only to be destroyed by the '85 Bears. I hated them when it seemed every year they knocked the Colts out of the playoffs. I even hated them as they went down in Indy.

With all this in mind, I hope they got undefeated this year and win it all.

That's right. I want a perfect season for them. Why???? To put an end to this:



I am old enough to remember the Dolphin's perfect season. I liked that team....then. But I am now very tired of the celebrations every year when the last undefeated team goes down.

Don't get me wrong. I typically thrive on celebrating the defeat of others. But this has gotten old, even for me.

Please, let the Pats go undefeated this year....then let them implode.

Thanks.

Addendum:

As you could guess, I came across the YouTube above while looking for SportsCenter clips. Here is my fav:

Post a Comment

Meet The New Boss - Same As The Old Boss

Remember when this blog used to be your go-to source for juvenile stories focusing on bathroom experiences, weird personal encounters, and a...