Sunday, November 18, 2007

This Has Got To End

Time for some NFL talk.....

I am a Colts fan. I have been a Colts fan since childhood. Big fan of Bert Jones, Lydell Mitchell, Roger Carr, etc. I have been a fan through all the lean years. I was a fan when they moved from Baltimore to Indy. I was a fan when they barely won 2 games in a season. I was a fan when they almost went to the Super Bowl behind Jim Harbaugh. I was a fan when they picked Manning, and people claimed Ryan Leaf was a better prospect. And, I was a fan when the won the Super Bowl.

As you might expect, I hate the Patriots. I hated them when they had a cool patriot on their helmet in the three point stance. I hated them when Steve Grogan was their quarterback. I hated them when Tony Eason lead them to the Super Bowl only to be destroyed by the '85 Bears. I hated them when it seemed every year they knocked the Colts out of the playoffs. I even hated them as they went down in Indy.

With all this in mind, I hope they got undefeated this year and win it all.

That's right. I want a perfect season for them. Why???? To put an end to this:



I am old enough to remember the Dolphin's perfect season. I liked that team....then. But I am now very tired of the celebrations every year when the last undefeated team goes down.

Don't get me wrong. I typically thrive on celebrating the defeat of others. But this has gotten old, even for me.

Please, let the Pats go undefeated this year....then let them implode.

Thanks.

Addendum:

As you could guess, I came across the YouTube above while looking for SportsCenter clips. Here is my fav:

5 comments:

Chris said...

What ever happened to Carl Lewis? Wonder if he ever tried out for American Idol?

Seeing Charlie crack up like that makes me think of Harvey Korman and Tim Conway on Carol Burnett. Now THERE'S some YouTube surfin' for ya...

Anonymous said...

Great post and clips! Especially the Charlie Steiner one. He's the play by play radio announcer for the Dodgers now. (He should have stayed at ESPN!) The Pat's are due to lose and I hope it's against the Eagles! Philly owes them something.
Hope your weekend is a good one.

Caffeinated Librarian said...

Don't talk to me about the NFL, it's too depressing. I'm not looking forward to Green Bay stomping on my hapless Panthers.

Guinevere said...

Since I don't really have a specific team that I follow (we always just root for the underdog during SuperBowl), I'll cheer on your Colts with you. :o)

Becca said...

But, I have to say, I love the Patriots! NE girl me to the core! I hope that they do go perfect! Whoop! Whoop!

Mountain Dew, Why Do You Hate Me?

 For most of my life (a lengthy bit of time) I have been a passionate supporter of Mountain Dew.  To apply a time filter to this statement, ...