Monday, May 05, 2008

Exercise in Futility - Week One

As some of you may remember, I am on a haircut boycott. My wife made a flippant comment recently regarding my hair. She said I tended to get my hair cut right as it started looking nice. Here is a link to my full description of the traumatic event.


My decision was to wait until she commented that I needed a haircut....then add three more weeks before getting it cut. I shared this plan with her. Her only reactions:


  1. Laugh

  2. Look at my hair

  3. Laughed again

  4. Said...."it will bother you long before it bothers me"

  5. She walked away laughing more

Anyway, last Monday she mentioned that I was looking "a bit shabby". That started the clock. Today, she asked if I wanted her to make me an appointment with her friend who cuts hair. I reminded her of the three week plan. She just rolled her eyes.


For the record....I hate having my hair touch the top of my ears. Whenever I am out of her field of vision I mess with it.


Here is how I look at the end of week #1.....after having worn a hat all day:


4 comments:

Guinevere said...

lol Yeah, I vote with the Mrs. Cut that mop. lol

Chris said...

Hippie! You can see the discomfort in your face. Either that, or you need to run to the potty.

Don't let her win, dude. Godspeed John Glenn.

Dory said...

Oh my! I love that Guinie and Chris chimed in with TOTAL opposite opinions here! lol

Me, being a woman that remains a tad off the beaten path - I must concur with Chris. Don't let her win dude. ;o)

Now.... if you were MY husband - I'd remind you what happens at our house when he gets his hair cut really short. It has certain *aphrodisiac* qualities to it! lol (TMI?)

Guinevere said...

This reminds me of a story that a former coworker told a bunch of us girls at work. She said that her husband wouldn't let anyone cut his hair except her. We asked why and she said he just liked the way she cut it. But she wouldn't elaborate...but we could sense there was more to the story. So, the next time he came in, one of the girls started talking to him about his hair...it had recently been cut. She mentioned to him that his wife had told us that he only let her cut his hair because of how she cut it. He chuckled and said, with one eyebrow arched, "Did she?" He just kept chuckling and we picked up immediately that there was DEFINITELY more to the story. So, Tiff asked him, "So how does she cut your hair?" And we all waited for his answer. Wanna know what he said?

"Topless."

LOL Wow. She was embarrassed!!!

Mountain Dew, Why Do You Hate Me?

 For most of my life (a lengthy bit of time) I have been a passionate supporter of Mountain Dew.  To apply a time filter to this statement, ...