Sunday, December 03, 2006

"TIMMMMMMMBER" - aka House meets Tree Update

Tomorrow (Monday) the sawing is to begin.  If it doesn't, I swear I will be 
bringing a chainsaw home and doing my best  lumberjack impersonation.  Of course, Mrs. W has warned me that if I do, one of two things (or both) will definitely happen:
  1. I will cause even more damage to the house (I have to think is is probably right)
  2. I will cut off at least one limb (again, highly likely)
With that in mind, I will be increasing my accidental death/dismemberment coverage on my personal insurance tomorrow in anticipation of the inevitable.

After this week, my new nickname will likely be Lefty.

Here's another pic of the damage.....



By the way, the house is about 100 years old....and once we get rid of all the ^%$#^& trees around it maybe it will be around for another 100.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Please don't do what a friend's husband did: saw through the tree limb that you are presently on. Bad move.

Guinevere said...

You sound like M. "If they can't get here when they say they'll be here, then I'll do it myself!"

That scares the bejeebers out of me! :oO

I swear the same architect must've designed our houses...they're almost identical. And ours is just over 100 years old.

Weird.

http://caroldee.wordpress.com said...

OMG That is a BIG TREE..don't have to tell you I am sure..but it is..how awful. Our house is over 100 too and I would hate for something like that to happen to it. I sure hope those guys come fast..but I know times are hard right now. PLEASE you need both arms and hands to HUG Mrs. WHW and make her feel better ..her poor house.. I am sure it bad on both of you and what about the damages..Was that tree on someone else's property? Can you make them PAY for damages?? I watch Judge Judy and she says YES...HAH.. Hang in there and don't do NOTHIN DUMB!! : )

Unknown said...

Whoa!!! Was it the snow or the wind? Back home in Wyo, we had a huge wind storm, and the wind uprooted a 30 ft pine in the front yard. Luckily, it fell just so that the only damage was a window hinge. If it had gone in any other direction, it would have been the roof, some cars, and most certainly, powerlines.

Mountain Dew, Why Do You Hate Me?

 For most of my life (a lengthy bit of time) I have been a passionate supporter of Mountain Dew.  To apply a time filter to this statement, ...