Sunday, March 01, 2009

Is It Just Me?

Haven't blogged much lately.  Between school athletics, work, Twitter, and Blip.fm my time to type in a post has been reduced.  However, tonight I feel motivated.  For you see, over the last few days I have been told by some that specific beliefs, habits, tendencies, etc. that I have are very unique to me.

My first reaction was shock.  Me, different than everyone else?  Bah....pshaw!

Then I decided to put my "quirks" to the test.  I will list them for all, and let others tell me how odd I am.  So, below is my attempt to capture the 10 most often identified oddities that are me.  Each oddity has a scale of 3 value.
 
  1 = Everyone is like that
  2 = Hmmm, that is a bit unusual
  3 = Holy crap, you really need some couch time

With all this in mind, I present:  

The 10 Question Goof-O-Meter

  1. I must be the last person to leave a room or walk in a group somewhere.  _____
  2. My towel must be in the same place each morning.  _____
  3. I Have to clean my ears each morning...right after I brush my teeth. _____
  4. Related to #3, I must be able to do my morning "ritual" the same each morning. _____
  5. Currently, my most personal possession is a small blanket that must I sleep with. _____
  6. I HAVE to be able to sleep with one foot outside the covers...at all times. _____
  7. I must sit at the same place at the dinner table each night. ______
  8. I have to be the one that gets things out of the fridge once dinner starts. _____
  9. I have been known to put something "back where it belongs" then take it from there before I can use it. _____
  10. When leaving the bathroom, I take some paper towel, open the door using it, then discard when I have exited.  _____

A "normal" score would, of course, be 10.  When I score myself, I come up with 22.  (4 3's, 4 2's, and 2 1's).

Let me know how you scored me.  I will be "patiently" waiting.  (which means I should have an 11th item, describing how impatient I am regarding feedback).  

5 comments:

Dory said...

Well.... as if I could be a good judge of what's normal... I scored you at an 18.

I think a lot of this is just because of habits. Seriously ingrained habits.... or that's my excuse, anyway.

Guinevere said...

I gave you a 19. The foot outside the blanket sounds really funny, but I do that in the summer. I canNOT fall asleep unless one foot is outside the covers. Once I'm asleep though, at some point, I pull it back under the covers.

I think the most unusual on your list is the one about the small blanket you sleep with. Hmmm...

You're not as odd as some are leading you to believe. ;o) I resemble some of those "tendencies".

Shannon said...

I scored you an 18 too. I have many of the same tendencies so I'm not sure I am a good judge either. Maybe we are all weird together! :)

Andi said...

I scored you at 22! I'm with you on the morning ritual, the foot outside the covers and sitting at the same place at the dinner table. Not so sure about the blanket though. As for using paper towel to open the bathroom door, I'm hoping it's just in public bathrooms and not at home, otherwise I'd have to give you a 3+ for that one. :o)

Caffeinated Librarian said...

Have I mentioned lately that: You. Are. Weird?

No? Well let me take the opportunity now. I scored you at 25, ba-by. You got one #1 - for #7.

Yupper, that's our WHW. But it's okay dude, we love you anyway. :-P

Mountain Dew, Why Do You Hate Me?

 For most of my life (a lengthy bit of time) I have been a passionate supporter of Mountain Dew.  To apply a time filter to this statement, ...