Saturday, September 23, 2006

Survival 101

As I sit here Saturday evening, I sit here as a weary dad.  A dad who spent hours at a windy soccer complex today (coaching and cheering).  A dad who has made trips to various practices over the last two days.  A dad who has watched more than his share of Pokemon shows.  A dad who has been slaughtered in every X-Box game he was challenged to.  A dad who has washed (and folded) seven (7) loads of laundry.  A dad who actually cooked a couple meals (one even had vegetables in it) as well as made an obligatory trip to McDonald's.

Yet, I am still alive....ad so are the kids.  Not all has been smooth....and I have been rather lazy at times; falling asleep on the couch while the kids played their Spongebob X-Box game.  But, I think I can make it to tomorrow.  I see the finish line.

Thanks to all for your support.

One thing I have discovered this weekend....my screwball sense of humor has been passed down to my kids.  As I sat this afternoon trying to get a little work done, son #2 was complaining that he had nothing to do.  In a flash of brilliance, I showed him a site that had video clips from one of my all time favorite tv shows....Mystery Science Theater 3000.  What a great show.

Anyway, I cued up the MST3K shorty "Gumby Robot Rumpus".  We both got a hearty laugh or two from it.  He is now hooked on the show, laughing harder than I have ever seen him laugh as we watched bits and pieces of various shows with Joel and Mike.

I must now prepare for my trip to Atlanta and Winter Haven.  Since I will be making presentations, I have to use my "air" time to polish up my Powerpoints. 

Hmmm, wonder if I can sneak in a reference to "Manos, Hands of Fate".....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My daughter's are really into Tom & Jerry cartoons. I've never seen Emily giggle and laugh so hard before.
Glad you made it safe and sound.

Caffeinated Librarian said...

He's alive! ALIIIIIIIIVE!

Congrats dude, it sounds like you're doing exceptionally well. Hope your Powerpoint pulls together like a dream.

Guinevere said...

You made it to the home stretch! Congratulations! :o)

(Didn't I tell you it'd be ok?) lol

Mountain Dew, Why Do You Hate Me?

 For most of my life (a lengthy bit of time) I have been a passionate supporter of Mountain Dew.  To apply a time filter to this statement, ...