Saturday, September 23, 2006

Survival 101

As I sit here Saturday evening, I sit here as a weary dad.  A dad who spent hours at a windy soccer complex today (coaching and cheering).  A dad who has made trips to various practices over the last two days.  A dad who has watched more than his share of Pokemon shows.  A dad who has been slaughtered in every X-Box game he was challenged to.  A dad who has washed (and folded) seven (7) loads of laundry.  A dad who actually cooked a couple meals (one even had vegetables in it) as well as made an obligatory trip to McDonald's.

Yet, I am still alive....ad so are the kids.  Not all has been smooth....and I have been rather lazy at times; falling asleep on the couch while the kids played their Spongebob X-Box game.  But, I think I can make it to tomorrow.  I see the finish line.

Thanks to all for your support.

One thing I have discovered this weekend....my screwball sense of humor has been passed down to my kids.  As I sat this afternoon trying to get a little work done, son #2 was complaining that he had nothing to do.  In a flash of brilliance, I showed him a site that had video clips from one of my all time favorite tv shows....Mystery Science Theater 3000.  What a great show.

Anyway, I cued up the MST3K shorty "Gumby Robot Rumpus".  We both got a hearty laugh or two from it.  He is now hooked on the show, laughing harder than I have ever seen him laugh as we watched bits and pieces of various shows with Joel and Mike.

I must now prepare for my trip to Atlanta and Winter Haven.  Since I will be making presentations, I have to use my "air" time to polish up my Powerpoints. 

Hmmm, wonder if I can sneak in a reference to "Manos, Hands of Fate".....

Post a Comment

Meet The New Boss - Same As The Old Boss

Remember when this blog used to be your go-to source for juvenile stories focusing on bathroom experiences, weird personal encounters, and a...