Monday, October 02, 2006

I Blame Others

Recently, one of my blog buddies, Sue/Mominator, posted a story about her husband's recent EBay purchase.  I thought it was very funny.  Unfortunately, it planted a little seed in my very barren brain.

Within three days I decided to just "look around" EBay.  Started innocent enough.  Looking at laptops.....then movies......then X-Box games....then, gulp, PSP's.  

Now, I had recently spent about 30 minutes at Best Buy playing with a PSP.  It had some stupid little game....hence, it kept me occupied.  This, coupled with the realization that I need video game experience before Mrs. WHW takes another extended weekend off, triggered me to see how much a PSP was going for. 

Retail was $259 (recently see they are coming down to $199).   No way I would pay that much for one.  Then I noticed someone had several with a Buy It Now of $159.  As a side note, Buy It Now is simply Satan's tool on Ebay.  Anyway, my juvenile side got the best of me. 

I tried rationalizing it by saying "I have several work trips coming up (Frederick, Maryland, Parsippany, NJ, and Toronto...and possibly DuPont, WA.).  I need something to keep me occupied in the airports and on the plane.

Anyway, it arrived last week while I was in Atlanta.  Unfortunately, as I was doing a demo there, I was connected to the network...and Mrs. WHW sent me an email "asking" about its purchase.  I had to quickly close that Outlook pop-up!

On the plus side, it is cooler than I thought (more rationalizations forthcoming).....It has an awesome display, it has the ability to connect to my wireless network and surf the net, and it has a very cool golf game, it can play MP3's, movies and show pics and videos.

Last night I was up until midnight playing a golf course in the Andes.  My knuckles are sore....and I am still a junior golfer.  It is GREAT.

3 comments:

Guinevere said...

lol In our house, it's the other way around...only I don't usually spend that much on anything on eBay. We get packages and M intercepts them with, "What's this???" lol Oops... Busted!

And, yes, I agree. 'Buy It Now' is Satan's tool!

Caffeinated Librarian said...

You are such a goobber, dude.

*grin*

Welcome back.

Sue said...

Dweeb is so freakin' proud of you! He's beaming. You know this only encourages such behavior in him dude.

He was going to offer a good 'potty' story for you in return, but being an ER doc, his potty stories are not for the faint of heart.

Enjoy your little game! May your fingers not 'stick' in that position for life!

: ) Sue

Mountain Dew, Why Do You Hate Me?

 For most of my life (a lengthy bit of time) I have been a passionate supporter of Mountain Dew.  To apply a time filter to this statement, ...