Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Long Distance Dedication

You have to love a hotel with an internet kiosk.

Greetings from Frederick, Maryland. As I sit here waiting for my room to be cleaned up, thought I would drop everyone a "Goober says Hey". Time for a few quick observations....as I have a kid waiting to get on this PC to likely post some angry music thoughts on their MySpace.....

  • Fantastic Four was a pretty good movie
  • Roy Rogers has good burgers
  • Frederick has in interesting Civil War hospital museum
  • Not a big fan of Hershey, Pennsylvania
  • Some beautiful countryside around here
  • As we are driving to Parsippany tomorrow, we may detour over to Gettysburg. Is it in poor taste to crack jokes there? I'm thinking it is.
  • I wish I had thought of an internet site that housed videos. Damn, $1.6 billion.
  • As we sat on the plane in Chicago waiting to take off, I heard some of the worst "updates" from our Captain....
  • "Since this type of plane is pretty quirky, we have to be careful of how weight is distributed in it. And there is no pop cart"
  • "We are being delayed because we have too much luggage. We are removing luggage we were transporting for other flights. Don't worry, none of your luggage is being removed"

Hopefully, more to come in the next few days.......

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was wrong with Hershey, PA? I heard the air actually smells like chocolate from the factory. That sounds delish to me...um, and what airline were you flying?? Curious minds. :)

Chris said...

Barney says "hey".

You know the equation for humor concerning tragedy: time * distance. Since your distance is 0, you better keep your comments to yourself.

Thought the same thing about the $1.6 billion. I'm sure there's a lot of bad stuff that comes with being rich, but I'm struggling right now to come up with a list.

And no pop cart! "These pretzels are making me thirsty..."

Have a great drive today. Pick me up a "Win With Lee" bumper sticker while you're out there. Remember, I'm 1,000 mile away...

Guinevere said...

Interesting list of observations... lol The next time we were going to visit my sis in MD (she was in Ellicott City), we were going to make a road trip to Hershey. But they moved to NJ before we got back out there. I thought it would interesting if nothing else. :o)

I'm with Chris on the $1.6B...I can't think of a single disadvantage to having that much money...at least not right at the moment. ;oÞ

NO POP CART???? For me, it's bad enough that I don't like to fly (anxiety attacks and motion sickness...not a good combination)...but NO POP CART???

{whiny sigh}

I feel for ya, dude.

Anonymous said...

I don't fly. I find that improves my outlook on life.

Have an interesting trip...and don't you dare get thrown out of Gettysburg.

http://caroldee.wordpress.com said...

AUTN BEA says HEY BACK to ya and you be careful out there in them big old airplanes ya here!!!Who the heck is flyin them things nowdays those pilots from the AIRPLANE movie??? hmmm..write when ya can!! : )

Sue said...

Never been to Hershey, but a chocolate city doesn't sound bad to me!

Have a safe trip.

:) Sue

Mountain Dew, Why Do You Hate Me?

 For most of my life (a lengthy bit of time) I have been a passionate supporter of Mountain Dew.  To apply a time filter to this statement, ...