Thursday, October 05, 2006

What Would You Buy First?

I decided to buy a PSP movie for my next travels. I found a good selection at Best Buy. With most of them priced at $14.00 or less, I was feeling pretty good.

Then, like an idiot, it hit me. It being a severe case of indecision. Before I tell you my selection, here is my thought process.
  1. Hmmmm, Stripes would be good
  2. Ooo, maybe Batman, The Movie (1966, 100% West, baby)
  3. Dang, Spiderman 2. That was a good movie.
  4. Hey, Spongebob Squarepants The Movie.
  5. Whoa, Ghostbusters
  6. Jackass, Volume 1.....nah
  7. Garfield, The Movie....boy, lots of Bill Murray stuff
  8. Family Guy, The Freakin Sweet Collection.....this looks good.

Then, after running through steps 1-8 multiple times, for at least 15 minutes, my selection jumped right out at me. It was the perfect selection for a business trip.

I bought.......Office Space.

"Hi Bob.......Bob"

"I wouldn't say I've been missing work."

The trip just got a little shorter.

5 comments:

Guinevere said...

Office Space is a good choice. The other two that I would've chosen would have been Stripes or Spiderman 2. I haven't seen Stripes in years!

Haven't seen you around much lately? Hope things are going well and the "cloud" has lifted! :o)

Have a great weekend!

pmaroun said...

WHW, We need to talk about your TPS reports.

I have to watch this movie every so often just to keep my sanity.

Chris said...

Quite the conundrum, but any choice would have been a good one. But Office Space should set you up to be the loose canon you were born to be!

Last week I bought a Creative Zen player. I waffled between it and an iPod (much like your case of indecision), but chose it because it handles many more audio and video formats. And I didn't want to mess with iTunes. I plan to convert some movies from my library to AVI. "Oh Brother Where Art Thou", "Dumb and Dumber", "Kingpin", "Stripes", "Ghostbusters", and "Office Space", along with episodes of "Arrested Development", "Seinfeld", and "Friends" all head the list. I hope there'll be room for music :)

Enjoy your trip and purchase! We'll look forward to your stories when you return!

Anonymous said...

I want the Wedding Singer on PSP so I can relive my childhood over and over and over again.

Caffeinated Librarian said...

PSP? *pppfffttt* Back in MY day, we had regular sized TVs and VCRs and we liked it!

My choice hands down: "The Mummy" - so that I could watch, over and over again, my favorite scene in all of movies...

"...I am proud who what I am."
"And what are you?"
"I.....am a librarian."

*happy sigh*

Oh, and will you kill me if I say I haven't seen "Office Space" all the way through?

Mountain Dew, Why Do You Hate Me?

 For most of my life (a lengthy bit of time) I have been a passionate supporter of Mountain Dew.  To apply a time filter to this statement, ...