Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Are These Stylish?

I have been in need of new shoes to wear to work for some time. Since we have a business casual environment, I am not bound to the traditional wingtips...or its lesser cousin, the penny loafer.

So, as son #2 attended a swimming lesson the other day, I decided to take a quick trip over to a nearby mall and see what I could find. Of course, anything I looked at would have to be on sale for me to even think of buying.

In the past, I have had very good luck with Dr. Martens (the more mainstream models) and Timberlands. Both brands have their pluses and minuses. The Dr. Martens are very durable. However, there is no place locally that will resole them. And my style of walking/bouncing tends to hammer the soles of my shoes. Timberlands aren't quite as durable, but the last pair of them that I bought could squeak on any surface. A little drag of the foot and a massive squeak was generated. This was a plus for me, since it gave me another avenue for being annoying.

So, after checking out several stores that typically have good deals on shoes, I found myself at one of the nicer department stores. This one sometimes has good deals....but also has some outrageous prices.

After checking out their clearance rack....like I can still wear a 7 1/2....I strolled over to shoes that were just "on sale". There I stumbled upon an interesting pair. Not that I'm particularly stylish, but they looked pretty cool. Typically, my idea of stylish is to have on my Peyton Manning jersey with matching blue sweats.

The brand was one I had never heard of....Clarks. I tried a pair on and they felt very comfortable. They also have waxed laces, something I really like. After a few minutes of internal debating, I pulled the trigger.
Here is what the shoes look like:




My question is....Are these shows stylish?? Trendy??? I would appreciate any feedback you, the educated reader, may have. Please keep in mind that I have a reputation to think of.
Thanks.

10 comments:

Caffeinated Librarian said...

Oooooooooh! Aaaaaaaahh! You got a pair of Clarks

Clarks makes The Best Shoes EVER! (tm) I love them, my mom loves them, all the Chicks love them, and all the folks at work love them. They. Rock.

And of course, I'm talking about their women's line of shoes here. I don't have a clue about the men (Hello! Single.) But if the Men's are anything like the women's then you will love them.

Oh, and I think they look cool. But then I'm a geek girl, are you really going to trust what *I* say?

Guinevere said...

Ooooh! Like 'em! Good choice! :o)

How are things goin'?

Unknown said...

Like, CL...I'm a nurse, so are you going to trust MY fashion sense? They look good to me, and look comfy..which is ALL I look for...lol

Sue said...

Good job! Blondie and I NEVER let Dweeb pick his own shoes. Last time we let him, he bought orange Sketchers because they were $6. Yeah. No fashion sense at all.

Sue

Elizabeth said...

They look pretty stylish but be warned: once you consider comfort over style you are a certified Old Fart.
Now I gotta take these 5 inch stilettos off cause my feet are KILLING me!

Mocha said...

Clarks are extremely stylish. You are hip, my friend. Just fess up to it and it will all be ok.

Chris said...

Never thought I'd see you review shoes...unless they had a hidden phone in the heel like Maxwell Smart. Next time I see you in the hall, I'm going to call you Imelda Marcos.

With that said, email me with the store details :)

Anonymous said...

They look nice to me! I think my husband would wear them, and he is picky about his shoes! Stylin' and profilin'!

http://caroldee.wordpress.com said...

NOW BILL you know if they were not stylish the stores would NOT be selling them. They look great..how do they feel is the important thing. Nothing worse than wearing shoes that hurt the darn feet thats for sure! YEP thats a good brand name too. I bet they last you a long tiem no matter what kind of bouncing you do in them.I just hate shoes that squeak..if they do they dont go home with me!! HAH..Hope you have a great weekend.. GO BLUE!!! Carol

InTheFastLane said...

I LOVE clarks. There is a Clarks outlet at our local outlet mall and I once left with three pairs in one trip. Nice job.

Mountain Dew, Why Do You Hate Me?

 For most of my life (a lengthy bit of time) I have been a passionate supporter of Mountain Dew.  To apply a time filter to this statement, ...