Monday, November 20, 2006

Pulu Se Bagumba

It is so nice to be home. I'm really not sure how people who have to travel a lot, do it. The flying, the waiting, the airports, the rental cars, the hotels, the time changes. Just wore me out. Of course, I did have a lot of fun and had a lot of time to come up with oddball thoughts on this last trip.....

  • Seattle is beautiful....but its traffic really sucks. I guess I am hooked on the lack of traffic in central Illinois.
  • Had a great time trading obscure TV references with buddy DW. The title of this post was decided to be one of our favorites. For those of you who have not watched Gilligan's Island thousands of times, this phrase means "Let the Howells go" in Kupakai.
  • "Blue Like Jazz" is a good book.
  • I actually ended up watching South Park recently. Laughed out loud at Cartman having himself frozen because he couldn't stand waiting for the release of the Nintendo Wii. He ends up being unfrozen 500 years laters, to the theme music from Buck Rogers in the 25th Century. The "Crank Prank" Timephone is a GREAT idea.
  • What the heck is up with Michael Richards aka Kramer????
  • Bass beer is pretty good
  • Went to a crab boil at a local restaurant. Great way to enjoy crab.
  • On the flight out we had one of the laziest, most ticked off flight attendants I have ever seen.
  • On the short flight back from Chicago we had the funniest flight attendant I have ever seen. She had me laughing the whole flight.
  • Couple great tea products: Snapple All Natural Green Tea and Twinings Pure and Natural Green Tea.
  • Definitely got my fill of coffee while in Seattle....Starbucks, Seattle's Best, and my new favorite, Tully's.
  • When I got back home, I needed to replace two electrical outlets. First one went in without a hitch. When I turned the power back on after replacing the second one the fuse blew. Found out that one of the screws was touching the box. I suck at this crap.
  • Ghost Hunters is a cool show.
  • Microsoft Office 2007 is really cool.
  • Riding in the middle seat of a three seat side of the plane for 4 hours sucks big time.
  • While at Lowe's on Sunday I noticed they now have "fresh cut" Christmas trees.
  • A book by OJ about how he would have killed his wife and a friend IF he had done it. Is this something the world really needs??
  • I'm sooo happy for Mr. and Mrs. TomKat. Please...pretty please, go away now.
  • Still liking my PSP.
  • We are now officially into basketball season for my oldest. Let the games begin.
  • I really like the banana split blizzard

and finally,

  • My best go out to my blog buddies who I haven't been in touch with lately. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tully's is awesome.

Welcome home and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Guinevere said...

Welcome back! Was beginning to wonder what happened to you. ;o)

Unknown said...

Welcome back, Dude! Was wondering about you. Glad you had a good trip. Happy Thanksgiving!

InTheFastLane said...

ummm...Bass...
got a few in the fridge right now. Maybe I should go make a little more space in the fridge...

http://caroldee.wordpress.com said...

HI HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU and your family too! YEs, I agree what the heck is up with RICHARDS???Looks to me like he might be headed for another breakdown. I coudl actually see the concern for him from Seinfeld on the show. I knew he knew more than we do and if he was upsat then it was a serious thing. SO far as it goes..people seem to think his career just took a big leap off a
tall bridge. Imagine..one night and you have ruined your whole career. Amazing what those CELL PHONES can capture isnt it??? One thing to rant to a small room of people and then a WHOLE other to the WHOLE WORLD!! Glad you are back home for the holidays! Take Care...

Caffeinated Librarian said...

Welcome back, dude! I was just mentioning you in my blog last night.

Doesn't "Ghost Hunters" rock? I love Jason and Grant. Did you watch the season finale?

Caffeinated Librarian said...

Oh, and thanks Caroldee for reminding me...Happy Thanksgiving! I keep forgetting what time of the year it is because usually I take the day before off, but not this year...I'm working today.

Hope you, Mrs. WHW and the boys have a wonderful holiday together.

Mountain Dew, Why Do You Hate Me?

 For most of my life (a lengthy bit of time) I have been a passionate supporter of Mountain Dew.  To apply a time filter to this statement, ...