Monday, November 06, 2006

Two For The Price of None

I'm in a "talkative" mood tonight.
Like to call out PMaroun. P, the link, www.clearification.com was a great link. Thanks buddy.

And speaking of P. Last week, P bummed a ride off of me, and seemed to thoroughly enjoy a book I happened to have in the car. Since P is about the fourth person who liked the book, I thought I would share it with everyone.

About two months ago, as several of my young ones went through the kids section of the local Barnes and Noble, I spent a few minutes in the Comedy section. While there, I stumbled upon an incredibly good book. The title of the book is "The Comedy Thesaurus", by Judy Brown. It is a wonderful compilation of jokes from some of the best comedians of all time. Here is the cover of the book:



The entire book, over 450 pages, is joke after joke, organized by subject. I have no connection to the author/publisher/editor. I have simply found the book to make me laugh, as well as many of my friends, including P.

So, in order to wet your apetite, here are but a few jokes from the book:

  1. A man doesn't know what real happiness is until he is married. Then it's too late - Henny Youngman
  2. The world is coming to an end. The world's best golfer is black, and the world's best rapper is white. - Chris Rock
  3. The reason women don't play football is because eleven of them would never wear the same outfit in public. - Phylis Diller
  4. I'm on decaf now. What I miss most is the road rage. - David Letterman
  5. I figure the only time I really need a man is about once a month, when it's time to flip my mattress. - Pamela Yager
  6. If you're a guy and you ask for a doggie bag on a date, you might as well have them wrap up your genitals, too. You're not going to be needing those for a while, either. - Jerry Seinfeld
  7. I saw a personal ad that looked interesting. It said she loved long walks, running on the beach, going to parks. As it turned out, she was a German shepard. - David Corrado
  8. I grew up in such a tough neighborhood. I remember laying in bed at night and looking up at the stars and thinking, like - "where the hell's the roof??" - Rocky La Porte
  9. My mom always said, "Men are like linoleum floors. You lay them right, and you can walk on them for thirty years." - Brett Butler
  10. The day I worry about cleaning my house is the day Sears comes out with a riding vaccuum cleaner. - Roseanne Barr
  11. On Halloween I ran out of candy and had to give the kids nicotine gum - David Letterman
  12. People in hell; where do they tell someone to go? - Red Skelton
  13. You know the good thing about gangs is, they carpool. - John Mendoza
  14. I started a grease fire at McDonalds. Threw a match in the cook's hair. - Steve Martin
  15. Secret Service guys are very brave. In what other job are you asked to take a bullet for your boss? Well, other than working at 7-Eleven. - Jay Leno

1 comment:

http://caroldee.wordpress.com said...

For some reason that riding vaccum cleaner joke cracks me up every time! Thanks for the link. Carol

Mountain Dew, Why Do You Hate Me?

 For most of my life (a lengthy bit of time) I have been a passionate supporter of Mountain Dew.  To apply a time filter to this statement, ...