Friday, January 05, 2007

Brain Dump 101 - aka Another Trip Up Random River

Sometimes I feel like the Micheal Keaton character Bill Blazejowski from the movie "Nightshift". To quote Bill, "I'm an idea man Chuck, I get ideas, sometimes I get so many ideas that I can't even fight them off!". However, replace "ideas" with "odd, random thoughts/observations". With that in mind, here we go.....
  1. A calf with two faces was recently born in Virginia. One of the stories about the calf had this great quote, "Bob James, a professor in the dairy science department at Virginia Tech and Heldreth's former teacher, said such births are unusual." Really??? I never would have guessed. Must be why I'm not a professor in dairy science.
  2. As repairs continue on our house, I begin to hark back to the one week of winter we had this year.
  3. Ken Barnes, the American who tried to sail around the world alone, was recently rescued after his ship was smashed by a storm near Chile. He is to have survived days of floating around by eating pop tarts. Take that nutrition triangle.
  4. Britney Spears has vowed to come back "better than ever". Nice to see someone set an easily attainable goal, isn't it?
  5. From the pages of "Duh!" magazine, Ben Affleck recently admitted that he made bad film choices in order to be rich and famous.
  6. Although I liked the Fight Club, I still say Brad Pitt's best performance was as Jeffrey Goines in 12 Monkees.
  7. Anyone recommend a good C# book?
  8. I think Rosie and The Donald make a lovely couple.
  9. Rumors are circulating that the Police are going to reunite. Hard to believe it has been 30 years since Roxanne.
  10. Will Larry Johnson run for more than 200 yards against my beloved Colts????
  11. I ended up scraping wall paper off of a wall in the house recently. So help me, if I ever find out who put paper on top of paint that is on top of more paper, I will hit them upside their head with my jug of Dif.
  12. I recently bought High Anxiety on DVD. Nurse Diesel, Brophy, Dr. Charles Montague, and Professor Lilloman (aka Ernest T Bass)
  13. Speaking of Ernest T, remember his immortal line???? "How do you do Mrs. Whyyyyyly?"

Finally, I will leave you with a little more Bill Blaze wisdom...

"PROSTITUTION! But what does that mean really? Sometimes it helps to understand a word if you break it down, so let's do that now shall we? Pros..it doesn't mean anything, you can forget about that..Tit, I think we all know what that means, Tu, two tit and TION of course, from the Latin to shun..to say uh-uh no thank you anyway I don't want it, to push away...it doesn't even belong in this word really. "

3 comments:

Chris said...

Billy Blaze is one of my favorite characters of all time and his "Prostitution" speech ranks right up there with "December 7th - a day which will live in infamy", "Today I consider myself the luckiest man in the world (add echo)", and "Ich bein ein Berliner (excuse the poor German spelling)"! And I believe that Jeffrey Goines is closer to the real Pitt than anything else he's done. Should have won an Oscar for it.

Great list as usual!

Caffeinated Librarian said...

Ummmmm....

Who is Billy Blaze?

You sure that Ken Barnes didn't use those pop tarts for floatation devices?

Did someone say Monkees?!!!

http://caroldee.wordpress.com said...

Well I sure hope you git all that paper scraped off in time to trade it for a shovel to git the snow off with..may you NOT git what all the rest of us will be gitting...KNOW WHAT I MEAN VERN???
LOL

Mountain Dew, Why Do You Hate Me?

 For most of my life (a lengthy bit of time) I have been a passionate supporter of Mountain Dew.  To apply a time filter to this statement, ...