First off....no mention of some of the true internet pioneers. To steal a bit from the late great Chris Farley....I guess they aren't "camera friendly"...they don't "sell magazines". I do see that they included a person I think pioneered the idea of video blogging...Robert Scoble (#9)....so I will give Forbes points for that. Drudge (#4) is ok....
However, my real beef is this....The freakin number one person is a fictional character!! The lonely girl from YouTube. Come on. I understand how a good list mixes the serious with the amusing....but with all the people contributing to the web as we know it today, couldn't they add a bit more respect to their list by letting #1 be someone real?
Oh, I'm sure you are wondering....who do I think should be in the list. Well, smarty, here is my top 10 list:
- Tim Berners-Lee (the founder of the internet)
- Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim (founders of YouTube)
- Whoever writes stuff like this for The Onion
- DJ Gallo (writes this site)
- The bunny with a pancake on its head
- Larry Page and Serget Brin (founders of Google)
- Marc Andreessen (who can forget one of the authors of Mosaic)
- The Caffeinated Librarian
- Eric Cartman
- Goblins, Ogres, Murlocs, Nagas (WoW, if you know what I mean)