- It has become a "Hallmark" holiday. Do we really need 5' racks full of cards?
- Bad memories of school dances...and yours truely being way to backward to ask anyone...and living in mortal fear that someone might ask me.
- Society's expectations...aka peer pressure. If I don't want to buy Mrs. W. a dozen overpriced roses, I shouldn't feel guilty. Maybe she doesn't want flowers.
- Innovation. Every year there is something new and creative. I noticed balloons this year that play songs.
- A good "reason" to shop for Mrs. W. Yea, I know I could shop for her any time. But this one has a good feel to it. I am shopping with my fellow man.
- Way, way down....deep, deep inside....I am a bit of a romantic. I sort of like the idea of continuing to romance my wife. And if any of you tell her or my brother men (mentioned above), I will hunt you down....
- Great memories from Valentine days early on in our marriage. Getting dressed up...going out....having fun socially. A cool couples thing.
- Helping the kids with their Valentines for school. They haven't changed much from when I was in school.
- This is a romantic holiday with a massacre associated with it....with real gangsters, no less. Very cool.
So, since the likes outnumber the dislikes, I think I fall into the Pro-Valentines camp.
BTW: This year Mrs W got some chocolates and these from myself and the lads.....