Thursday, April 19, 2007

2-D Or Not 2-D? That is the question.

Greetings one and all.

It sure has been a tough week. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families that lost loved ones in Virginia. I have had a lot of thoughts about this event….but will try to sum them up with one sentence. TV news has got to stop playing that mass murder's rants and start playing stories about the wonderful people whose lives he took away.

Now, I am in need of some laughs….so today's topic is one that I know have been blogged about by others but is one that has intrigued me for years. If, as you read the following discussion you begin to think to yourself…."he does realize these are not real people, doesn't he?" then I have succeeded in pulling you into my world. Welcome aboard.

Who is the most attractive cartoon/Disney woman (excluding super heroes, girlfriends of super heroes, and women in "graphic novels")???

Let's look at some of the contenders, then I will tell you my runner up and #1 are:

  • Jessica Rabbit – usually gets top honors in lists like this. She just isn't my type. Great body….but doesn't do it for me.
  • Betty Rubble – I have always liked Betty. Always thought Barney was a lucky guy.
  • Snow White – Yes, retro. When I think of her, it's like thinking of my older aunt. Just feels wrong.
  • Betty (Archie) – The Mary Ann of cartoons/comic books. Liked her tomboy characteristics. BTW, is that a checkerboard on the side of Archie's head?
  • Ariel (Little Mermaid) – The whole fish/woman thing keeps her from being high in my list
  • Melody Valentine (drummer from Josie and the Pussycats) – woman drummer….cool.
  • Daphne – Ah, one of those meddling kids. If needed, I can wear an ascot.
  • Cinderella – she is handy around the house.
  • Janine Melnitz (Secretary on "The Real Ghostbusters") – She liked nerds….maybe there's hope.

Now, 1st runner up. Remember, if the winner is unable to fulfill their obligations associated with the title, this character will be elevated to champion….

Esmeralda (Hunchback of Notre Dame) – I like Demmi's voice. Esmeralda has a wonderful heart. And, she can really dance. She made that story rock, baby.


And so we have reached my #1 cartoon woman. She is so far ahead of all others, it isn't even funny.

Jasmine (Aladdin) – Jasmine has it all. Daughter of the sultan. Abs of steel.

5 comments:

Guinevere said...

You do realize these are not real people, don't you?

OMG! I got sucked into the vortex of your world!

lol

Interesting list with interesting observations. :o)

Caffeinated Librarian said...

I always wanted to be a combo of Daphne and Velma, growing up.

Don't you know that the guys (and they HAD to be guys) who drew Jessica Rabbit had a blast...and then never, ever lived it down?

Hmmmm...may have to write my own "best of cartoon men." Already know who my #1 would be.

Caffeinated Librarian said...

Oh, and I've never understood the whole Betty and Wilma thing...I remember one episode of the series "Red Dwarf" where the guys had a loooong discussion of which of those two characters they'd rather have sex with...and this seems to be a discussion that most straight men have had with other men. I just don't get it!

Anonymous said...

My #1 would have to be 'Sleeping Beauty'!! DREAMY!! get it? Do you? Huh?? HAH!

Now, seriously, I agree with you on the Virginia Tech thing. It's like what the Palestinians (sp) do with their young suicide bombers. Make posters of them and try to promote them as martyrs! Disgusting and SICK!!!

I'll mail you something funny to soothe your 'laugh' jones!!

http://caroldee.wordpress.com said...

YOU Are so right!!! Enough of the photo of this very sick person.. I am as sick of him as I was of them showing ATTA so much of the time after 9/11...Only one I ever thought of is Cinderella she went from frump to Fantastic with a wave of the wand. TALK about a Makeover!!! : )

Mountain Dew, Why Do You Hate Me?

 For most of my life (a lengthy bit of time) I have been a passionate supporter of Mountain Dew.  To apply a time filter to this statement, ...