I have been sitting on a lot of ideas lately. Between a sinus infection, work, and the kids' end-of-school stuff, I have had little free time.
This final post tonight has to do with something I noticed at several local grocery stores yesterday. I was shopping for snacks and drinks for our celebration of son #2's graduation from 8th grade. Way to go JL! Mom and Dad are very proud of you!
Well, I was quickly cruising down the lenthy pop aisles looking for some good pop. Mrs. WHW had given me orders...."No Mountain Dew". I think she wanted me to keep my heart rate under a field mouse's.
I wanted something cool....something unique for his party. I noticed many odd pops in the aisle as well as some oldies but goodies....
- Tab is now an "energy" drink. I remember, as a janitor, how Tab was the drink of choice in the teacher's lounge.
- Dr. Thunder - appears to be a clone of Dr. Pepper
- Fresca - remember fresca? It looked so good in the glass, yet tasted so bad.
- Sam's Choice (insert pop flavor)
- Shasta is still around
- Good old RC is also still around
- Cream Soda
- Mountain Lightning/Mountain Maze/Mountain Frost - clones of my beloved MD.
JL ended up wanting Root Beer and Cream Soda. I also bought some Dr. Thunder...and it wasn't too bad. I ended up drinking several glasses of it. Unfortunately, my evening ended up like the Tell Tale Heart. I was sure everyone could hear my rapid heart beat. Obviously, I drank way too much of the good Dr.