Friday, July 20, 2007

Diary of a Mad/Lazy Dad - Day #3

Dear diary, day three is almost over. Another day of "treading water".

It was nice weather today, so I had a constant battle of playing indoors vs outdoors. I gave them the morning to play games indoors while I mowed the yard. It is hard to mow a straight line when one of your eyes is focused 90 degrees off, watching the east windows of the house. I resembled Marty Feldman when I finished.

Note: I should never, ever doubt that A-Train has my genetic material in him. He started using the phrase "Fear my stench" after our lunch of pizza and garlic bread. It is so hard to tell a kid to stop using a phrase when you are struggling to supress a laugh.

After lunch we were outside. Some put on rollerblades while others played on the swingset. I found myself frequently checking my work email while outside. I really need to get a life.

This evening I warmed up various left overs for supper. I was asked, "Where is the vegetable? Mommy always wants us to eat vegetables". Oh, the funniest things come from a 4 year old. I gently pointed out to him that salsa and ketchup are vegetables.

Now I am preparing for the two day swim meet that starts tomorrow. I stopped at the local store with Z-Dog to set up a good breakfast and lunch for the ones staying home tomorrow. Big S will be watching everyone again. I learned, while picking cereals, that there is now a chocolate Chex. Think I may snitch a little later tonight.

4 comments:

madison said...

Bless your heart! You hang in there Bill- you can do this!

Blessings to you,
S:)

Joisey said...

Just remember, Bill, whatever bribery you use, they will still tattle. They always do. Mom's are slick enough to get the dirt from the kids. You'll survive. You're doing great!

weimie said...

So... how goes it today? Must be "swim meet"-ing it still.... wondered how you're holding up!

Anonymous said...

You're doing Great!! I'll bet you loved those chocolate chex!!!

Mountain Dew, Why Do You Hate Me?

 For most of my life (a lengthy bit of time) I have been a passionate supporter of Mountain Dew.  To apply a time filter to this statement, ...