Thursday, July 12, 2007

Me vs Spike

Tonight, a Point/CounterPoint....me vs Spike, my dog.



Point

Eating Baby Birds is Gross
by WHW
Spike, I go out of my way to buy you healthy food. The vet has said it should be good tasting (have no idea how she knows that). Yes, I know I tried Walmart's Old Roy, but I got the message when you knocked your bowl over 3 days in a row.

So why do you still feel compelled to eat baby birds? You can't be hungry. I make sure you have plenty every night. I frequently give you a treat for walks that are uneventful. I know the boys sneak additional helpings of food to you during the day.

So what gives?

Yesterday evening, when I went out and saw you chomping down on those baby birds, I thought I was going to lose it. Just because they fell out of the nest doesn't mean you have to eat them.

That is just gross, dude.



CounterPoint

Damn, You Are A Huge Puss!
By Spike
Before I start, I want it known that I do not like the fact that I am getting second billing in the title. WHW, do you think people are now coming here in droves to read you?? Yea, right. Next, I want to call out my fav librarian. Hey, CL....I dig your mentions for the Spikester. Keep it real (and put me in your next Tour!)

Now, let's address your stupid point, WHW. First, the vet may claim this dog food tastes good, but I am here to say it sucks....no, it sucks monsters. It smells like the dumb cats' liter box....and tastes like packing peanuts, sticks, and slugs. I eat it because I don't find starving to death all that appealing. However, you bring back the Ol' Roy shit and I may revisit my position on starving.

As for the birds...I have given you this lecturer over and over. It is the freakin circle of life. Remember Lion King??? Remember Mufasa explaining to Simba how important all of nature's creatures are? Well, this is the circle of life in 3-D, buddy. Get used to it. The birds lay too many eggs. The nest is too crowded. Too many baby birds in the nest. Some fall out. Spike gets something to eat that resembles normal food. Nice tight circle, isn't it Marlin Perkins?

I will tell you what is gross. The bathroom story you told me Tuesday night on our walk. I really do not want to know about your stall neighor's gas that could peel paint. Now that is gross....even to an animal that eats his own poo.

Next time you get ill watching me eat a bird I suggest you go back inside and stick your pacifier back into your mouth.

WHW = Huge Puss.

4 comments:

Terra-ble said...

Hey there WHW,

I see your point, Spike's is valid though to. I guess. Our dog Sprocket is the same way. I spend 31 dollars on a 20 lb bag of Chicken Soup for the Puppy's Soul. Talk about supposed to be good for him and taste good. He is picketing this too unless I add gravy, grease, or meat to it. Go figure, and he keeps trying to taste my cats. They come in all wet and slobbery smelling of doggie breath. YUCK!


LT my baby thinks dog and cat food is pretty good, but I am not going to go that far as to taste it myself. In fact I have begun hiding it so LT stays out too.

Caffeinated Librarian said...

Spike! What's up, Dog?

On the bird thing, dude, I agree with the whole cycle of life thing...we humans tend to forget that despite the fact we're the biggest consumers around.

But birds, dude. Have you heard of the avian flu? Next time WHW starts to warm up to a bathroom story on your walk, divert him by asking him to explain THAT to you. I would hate for the Spikemister to endanger his own health, 'cause then what would your admiring fans do?

Oh. And hi WHW!

Guinevere said...

Spike, you are the master of rebuttal! Keep it real, dude!

Oh, and hey, Bill, how's it goin'?

lol

Anonymous said...

Spike?? You won that debate BIG TIME!!! Ol' ROY?? I wouldn't feed that crap to a ....Cat!!! If those stupid birds can't stay in their nests they deserve to be eaten!! Especially by a stud like you!!

If you see WHW wandering around, tell him Hi for me!

YOU ROCK!!!

Mountain Dew, Why Do You Hate Me?

 For most of my life (a lengthy bit of time) I have been a passionate supporter of Mountain Dew.  To apply a time filter to this statement, ...