Sunday, July 08, 2007

N'Yuk

Thought I would tag along with Aunt Potty's post. I continue to pull "gems" from my other blog, to share with everyone over here.

Tonight, I am reposting my tribute to the 3 Stooges (note some of the clever rhymes).....











Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard

Before unveiling my Stooge tribute, I want to elaborate. I have spent, for me, a lot of time trying to figure out the right way to pay tribute to comedians that made me laugh at times I didn't feel like laughing. They didn't make me think or try to understand a premise....they just made me laugh. I could do what I usually do...and list out why they were funny....but that would be very "unstooge-like". No, a tribute to the Stooges requires something so dumb, so goofy, and so ignorant that it will make you laugh simply for those reasons.

I ended up spending about 10 minutes with what is now my completed tribute. Again, seems fitting for a Stooge post.

And so, I present:



Stooges - A poem by WHW

Oh Stooges, brilliant Stooges
My life was made much better
From watching your slapstick antics
To the chagrin of my babysetter

Moe, you were the leader
Your guidance, money could not buy
So apparent every show
From each finger in their eye

Larry, the outsider
with hair so wild like a doll's
Didn't you ever long
To punch Moe in his... groin?

Curly, nyuk nyuk nyuk
The one who liked to growl
of all the wonderful stooges
You are my favoite howl

Shemp, the other Howard
Hair so long and oily
Every time Moe struck your face
I swore you wore a black doily

Oh Stooges, brilliant stooges
Your shorts will never fail
To generate a hearty laugh
Especially from a drunk male

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just as wonderful as the first time you posted it!! Simply GENIUS!!!

Mountain Dew, Why Do You Hate Me?

 For most of my life (a lengthy bit of time) I have been a passionate supporter of Mountain Dew.  To apply a time filter to this statement, ...