Thursday, September 20, 2007

I Must Confess

It is time for me to come clean. I can live with this burden no longer. I must be honest about my past....

Throughout the majority of my life (including current), I have been a complete dork.

There, I said it.

There are a few who read this blog that grew up with me. They can easily validate that I was as backward, shy, and nerdy as anyone they ever met.

I know my blog "persona" is one of cool, hip, witty, edgy, and happening....right???? Well, I am telling the world tonight that this is all a lie. I am no more cool or edgy than Captain Kangaroo or Mr. Green Jeans. OK, they were sort of cool. But I'm not.

Anyway, I am guessing some are thinking...."He is being modest. He could never be as dorky as he is describing. No way." Yes, way....and here is some proof to back me up:
  1. I graduated from high school salutatorian, and from college Summa Cum Laude, not because I am overly smart, but because I spent most of my waking hours in the library reading. Why? BECAUSE I HAD NOTHING ELSE TO DO.
  2. I did not have a date in college. Girls avoided me like the plague. LIKE THE PLAGUE. Four years of my so called prime unspent. do you think my impersonation of a dog throwing up scared them off?
  3. In high school calculus, I sat behind one of the prettiest girls in school. I would blush and hold my head down when she would turn around to hand papers down our aisle.
  4. Reflecting on college, I am most proud of the assembler program I wrote that worked the very first time I tested it. OUCH.
  5. Once I was out on my own, I tried to reinvent myself by actually creating a social life. By the second party I attended I was being compared to Kermit The Frog. Not some cool or smart person....but a freaking puppet frog.
  6. I actually liked Rick Springfield music more than Judas Priest. It hurts typing that in.
  7. The only musical instrument I could ever play was spoons.
  8. I spent so much time playing the original Mattel hand held football game in high school that I was unbeatable. I actually thought it was cool when someone would say, "How much do you play that game??"
  9. I actually spent money buying a Fart Machine....last year.

Now, if examples 1-9 have not convinced you, this should do it. Below is my picture, lifted from my college ID.

Your honor, I rest my case......



7 comments:

Caffeinated Librarian said...

I am shocked, SHOCKED I say, to hear that you were/are a dork!

*snort!* BTW, love those glasses, dude.

Guinevere said...

lol Sup, B?

In our own way, we're all dorks...aren't we??? ;o)

The picture isn't that terrible, but the words "tech nerd" did come to mind when I first looked at it. hehe

I ought to go back through my old pictures and see if I can find some from college. Hmm...

bwmson said...

I knew my "Harry Carey" glasses would get a mention. Nicely played CL.

G, if we learned anything from Revenge of The Nerds it was that everyone is a bit of a nerd. Some a bit more than others.

weimie said...

LOL... ok, sorry dude but the glasses were a wee bit TOO MUCH. But most of us that wore glasses around that time had those ginormous frames...

And, lest you forget, you posted a pic of your gorgeous Mrs. WHW a long time ago ... so, I know there must be something more than total "dork" in there to win that lovely lady. Right?

Oh, read the blurp about Twitter a few posts back ... and not sure I get it. What PURPOSE it serves. Color me dim-witted. :o)
It's ok.... I'll figure it out.

bwmson said...

Weimie, one word....pity. She felt sorry for me.

Don't look to hard for a reason to Twitter. Nothing more than fun....and a bit addictive.

Anonymous said...

But.... We already KNEW you were a dork!! You prove it with every post!! But that's why we love you!! It's ypou purpose in life to make us look less dorky!! And you're doing a great job!! LOL! Just kidding, but that picture?? Were those safety goggles??

Love ya buddy!!

Andi said...

Am I the only one who finds dorky guys sexy?!?!

Mountain Dew, Why Do You Hate Me?

 For most of my life (a lengthy bit of time) I have been a passionate supporter of Mountain Dew.  To apply a time filter to this statement, ...