Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Chapter Chats with Aunt Potty

Well, hello, hello, hello. This is your Aunt Potty checking in with my peepers.

Before starting, I want to make a special call out to my main man DW. Mr W gave me the wonderful title for this week's topic. DW, I know WHW has frequently not given you credit for things here, but I have your back side, bro. Oh, how I love to talk street talk.

It has been a very long time since I have been on this blogster thingy. I took a bit of a break to catch up on various hobbies I have; such as crochet, stamp collecting, and extreme snow boarding. Of course, one of my favorite hobbies is reading books. And during my vacation, I had the fortune to stumble across a wonderful book I think all my readers should get.

The title of the book is "What's Your Poo Telling You?", by Josh Richman and Anish Sheth M.D. It has such a cute brown cover, with our favorite seat in the house right on the front.

The book itself does a beautiful job of describing the different types of poo as well as provides some medical factoids about them. Also, as a nice touch, the authors include several of the various poos' aliases. What is most striking is the literary quality of the writing.

For example, here is an excerpt from the book:

Hanging Chad
aka: Grundle Weeds, Cling-Ons, Butt Bark, The Lone Ranger, Turtle Head, Crap Crumbs

"It is critical when wiping up after a poo to make sure the job is complete. Hanging chads are the stubborn pieces of turd that cling to the anal hairs and often refuse to let go. Larger than the traditional dingleberry, an unnoticed chad can provide an unwelcome surprise......"


A-men, brother.

The book also has advice from their "Dr. Stool". I think I went to school with him.

I was thoroughly impressed with the completeness of their identified poo types. They have everything from Monster Poo (aka The Double Deuce), to the Braille Poo (aka Rocky Road), to the Clean Sweep (aka Wipeless Poo). What outstanding coverage!


After consulting with my friend J-Girl (who cried through most of the book...likely due to it's sensitive handling of floaters vs sinkers) there is one glaring omission. The authors fail to address the Disappearing Poo. You know the one that you know comes out, you hear come out, you feel splashes....yet it is nowhere to be found when you stand up.

Overall, though, I give this book 4 1/2 lavatories. A true butt kicker, pardon my French.

So, the next time you find yourselves at a Barnes and Noble or Borders, look for this book. You will be glad you did. That's the straight poo, from your good Aunt.




5 comments:

Chris said...

AP, you crack me up! What a find! Can I check it out sometime? I promise I won't read it in my "library".

Caffeinated Librarian said...

*sigh followed by much shaking of the head*

Guinevere said...

Oh my goodness! Who knew such a thing existed! lol You truly astonish me!

:o)

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! You atoo much Aunt Potty!! Always such an expert in all things Colonic!

When I first read this Aunt Potty, I was too astonished (and laughing too hard!) to comment so I checked the local library. When I asked about the availability, the librarian called security so I guess I'll have to buy it.

Since I'm sure that it's on the New York Times Bestseller list I'm sure it will be snap to find.

Thanks for the tip! I missed you AP!

Cinder said...

You forgot to mention 'oops a poopie'. This is the type of poo you get when you have tooted or thought you did and then...'oops a poopie'

Mountain Dew, Why Do You Hate Me?

 For most of my life (a lengthy bit of time) I have been a passionate supporter of Mountain Dew.  To apply a time filter to this statement, ...