Saturday, July 12, 2008

Men are From Best Buy And Women are From Bed, Bath and Beyond

My wife has been doing some work from home to help us make ends me. Being a very smart person and a hard worker, she has had some respectable success with her business.

Recently, she decided to spend some of her earnings on a moderately priced laptop. Much of her business relies on email, updating her web site, entering orders, etc. Made good sense.

So, last weekend we went to a local store to buy a laptop. We found a very nice Toshiba for her. After the purchase, we ran a couple more errands, then headed home.

This is where we hit the gender fork in the road. For when we arrived home, she placed the box containing the laptop behind the desk. Then she said, "I'll open it later".

WHAT!!!!!!!! Noooooooooo.

I calmly explained to her that it would make my head explode if she didn't open the laptop immediately and start it up. I told her that, in my world, you cannot leave a monster purchase like a laptop sitting in its box at home for any measurable amount of time. She looked at me, smiled, and walked upstairs.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! This can't be happening.

She came down about 20 minutes later to see me sitting at the dining room table, staring at the computer box. Since she bought the laptop with her work money, I knew it would be completely wrong for me to open it up.

She then told me she was heading over to her friend's house for a while. WTF???

I tried everything to forget about the PC. Pulled weeds, changed light bulbs, etc. But all I could hear was that dual core processor crying to be powered up. "Please, turn me on. Let me start using those 3 gigabytes of memory. Please"....is what I heard.

Finally, my wife returned home. I think she felt she had her fun, so she unboxed and powered up the little beast. I was able to breath again.

I swear, if she decides she wants an iPhone I am going to eat some rat poison. It would be a quicker death.

4 comments:

Caffeinated Librarian said...

If it makes you feel better - I would have had to open it the second I got home too. I think that's more a geek thing than a man/woman thing.

Plus, I suspect the Mrs. was just yanking your chain. :-) My kind of Lady.

Andi said...

I'm a total geek, but I do exactly what your wife did. I need to be able to give my new purchase the undivided attention it deserves.

Guinevere said...

LOL I would probably WANT to open it up and play right away, but I would probably actually end up doing what your wife did....just to drive hubby crazy for awhile. lol

I've GOT to meet this lady...and shake her hand. ;o)

Chris said...

TMI I know, but it's not uncommon for me to take new electronic purchases and open them whilst on the commode...

Mountain Dew, Why Do You Hate Me?

 For most of my life (a lengthy bit of time) I have been a passionate supporter of Mountain Dew.  To apply a time filter to this statement, ...