Friday, July 11, 2008

My Expensive Tastes

As I spent a couple weeks on my own on a business trip, I decided to actually make supper a couple of times. I'm not huge on eating out. The room the office I was visiting reserved for me had a fridge and a stove. As an interesting footnote, most of my dinners out were to a nearby In-N-Out Burger.

So, a trip to a Von's netted me much of what I needed for the "home cooked" meals. Unfortunately, as is usually the case when I go grocery shopping, I got a little distracted.

First, they were having a sale on Tim's Cascade Style Vinegar and Salt Chips. Those are darn good chips.


Next, prior to the trip I discovered Snyder's of Hanover Hot Buffalo Wings Pretzel Pieces. These things are awesome. I brought some into work before I left, and they were devoured.



Of course, I also bought ample amounts of Mountain Dew, and a couple bags of organic carrot sticks.

I struggled for a main course. I wanted something I could enjoy, that I never really get sick of. Something simple and easy. One thing came to mind.....and it was delicious....

1 comment:

Caffeinated Librarian said...

You. Are. So. Weird.

;-P

Mountain Dew, Why Do You Hate Me?

 For most of my life (a lengthy bit of time) I have been a passionate supporter of Mountain Dew.  To apply a time filter to this statement, ...