Wednesday, July 09, 2008

So Much Still To Learn

Lunches are important for me. I do my best learning at lunch. I would like to think I am pretty smart.....a man of the world. Recently, it seems like my lunches find me learning more and more about the real world. Today is a perfect example.

I didn't have time to make my lunch this morning (overslept again) so I went out with a couple of coworkers, J-Girl and EZE. The conversation began with the observations (by me) that I really didn't know crap about different ways women flirt with men. My best understanding of flirting was obtained from a Brady Bunch episode where a girl flirted with Greg to try and get his vote for head cheerleader. Pretty sad, isn't it?

Anyway, as is typically the case, the lunch discussion went quickly into the gutter. That's when I learned an important fact about women's shoes. Specifically, CFM shoes.

At the risk of being labeled a complete loser by everyone reading this, I am going to state that I had never heard of CFM shoes. However, upon watching a couple women crossing the road I learned one was wearing CFM shoes. Unable to initially fess up, I looked over and noticed one had really high heels on, and another had knee-high boots on (a rather odd choice of footwear in July). Still, no clue what CFM shoes were.

I finally admitted I had no idea what CFM shoes were. After some chuckles and nods from my "friends", I learned CFM stood for "Come F*** Me". The extremely high heels were an example of them.

In total disbelief, I challenged them accusing them of making it up. Come to find out, if you go to Amazon and search on CFM shoes, you get over 50 hits!

I stand corrected....and I stand a much smarter person this evening. Who would have thought?

5 comments:

Caffeinated Librarian said...

*snort!*

I'm of the opinion that CFM shoes are a total woman phenomenon - in other words: women dressing to impress other women.

Because it seems to me that if a man was trying to determine your F*** readiness, the LAST place he would look are your feet.

I'm just sayin'...

Guinevere said...

LOL *snort* I tend to agree with CL...but I also understand how a man's mind works in that area (being married to one and all...lol). You guys aren't looking at the woman's feet...but heels give the impression of longer legs. And then we know where your minds go...*ahem*

;o)

Dory said...

LOL LOL LOL

I just would have liked to have seen recognition dawn on your face when your heard what CFM stood for! hehe

Chris said...

Never heard of CFM either. But because of your blog, I was able to understand the reference the very next day! Thanks for the lesson.

And coming from the man who can't say "bra", this was a big leap for you....

Daisy said...

I've heard them referred to in simpler terms: "Come Do Me" shoes. I suppose this means as we get older and outgrow our stilleto heels...never mind.

Mountain Dew, Why Do You Hate Me?

 For most of my life (a lengthy bit of time) I have been a passionate supporter of Mountain Dew.  To apply a time filter to this statement, ...