Monday, July 28, 2008

Who Lives In A Pineapple Under The Sea???

I am the proud owner of a brown old school Zune...which I affectionately refer to as my turd.

Why did I choose a Zune over a far more popular iPod?

For one thing, I like being different. I'm not into "going along"

The second reason (and the much more motivating reason) was that I love a great deal. I thrive on great deals. I have a history of buying things simply because they are absurdly marked down. My turd was no exception. I got a 30 gig Zune for $99. For those of you who don't have tape on your glasses, 30 gig is a honking lot of space. In fact, as we speak, I have my entire musical collection on it, as well as three movies (Ghostbusters, Napoleon Dynamite, and Mallrats) and 4 episodes of Ghost Hunters (yes, I have the one in the lighthouse)....and I still have 9 gig free.

The Zune Marketplace (Microsoft's version of iTunes) is OK. That's where I subscribe to several Podcasts and buy my TV shows. I am steadfast in only buying music from Amazon (DRM free).

Anyway, the TV offerings in the Marketplace have been somewhat limited. Yes, Ghost Hunters is cool....but I longed for more....that is, until last weekend. Last weekend, everything changed. Last weekend, my Turd came to life in a way I can only describe as beautiful. Last weekend, the Marketplace started selling the first few seasons of Spongebob.




Oh, the joy of now watching "Pizza Delivery" (The Krusty Krab pizza is the pizza for you and me), "Dying for Pie", and "The Idiot Box". I actually fell asleep last night listening to "MuscleBob Buffpants". I am certain I slept with a smile on my face.
So, the next time I am down, I will simply put on my headphones and sing.....
F is for Friends who do stuff together.
U is for You and me.
N is for Anywhere and anytime at all.
Down here in the deep blue sea!

8 comments:

Guinevere said...

LOL Well, you're one step ahead of me. I don't have a Zune OR an IPod. I want one or the other...but always ask myself if I'd really use it or not. Decisions, decisions. lol

Love the "air quote" picture. Have you ever seen the episode of Friends where Joey doesn't understand how to use "air quotes"? Hilarious!

Guinevere said...

Here it is: http://youtube.com/watch?v=D09SQRW7Xt4

Check it out! lol

Andi said...

That's awesome about Spongebob! Meep.

mumof3boyz said...

My 4 yr old LOVES SpongeBob. In fact if I can't settle him down for any reason, I put SB on and he is instantly a different child. I must admit, I love to watch it also.

Jen said...

My favorite episode ever is when Patrick wants to win a trophy and SpongeBob coaches him on how to open a jar of pickles.

I'm a SpongeBob fan, myself.

Dory said...

Hey you.... where ya been hiding?

Anonymous said...

Hey buddy!! Sorry it's been so long! I bought my wifw an IPod but with her being techno, umm...deficient, I have had to 'load' it for her. She walked up to me a few weeks ago with 86 CDs that she had borrowed!! A few of which I didn't recognize!! So, she is loaded, so to speak!

BTW, check out BOSE's ear buds! Awesome! www.bose.com.

Take care my friend!

Manager Mom said...

Somewhere, Bill Gates is twitching because you called his precious Zune a turd. Hilarious!

Mountain Dew, Why Do You Hate Me?

 For most of my life (a lengthy bit of time) I have been a passionate supporter of Mountain Dew.  To apply a time filter to this statement, ...