Sunday, July 22, 2007

Diary of a Mad/Lazy Dad - Day # 5 - Epilogue

Dear diary, it is over. I made it. In a Rocky-ish moment, as I picked up Mrs. WHW, I held my arms up in victory. In hindsight, I think TSA was a bit concerned when I started humming the Rocky theme while waiting for her suitcase to arrive.

Today, JWL had three more races....and qualified for a State meet in one of them. His overall performance....his first serious meet, six events, four events with times good enough to go to state. Very well done.

I would have thought he would have been ecstatic. He would have, had it not been for Potter. As of 7:00 tonight, he finished the final book; giving it a big thumbs up. Interesting how the book was so important to him. Thanks J.K. for giving books a life for a couple of my kids. I appreciate it very much. BTW...I added the final word to the title with respect to Potter 7....right, CL?

I am now preparing for bed. JLW has a 6:00 am practice, Big S has to be at work by 6:30, and I need to be at work by 7:00. The week off was hectic, but it was still a nice week at home.

Now, for a final, obscure reference.....I will close with: This has been a Quinn Martin Production (again, a connection to the last word in the title).
Post a Comment

Meet The New Boss - Same As The Old Boss

Remember when this blog used to be your go-to source for juvenile stories focusing on bathroom experiences, weird personal encounters, and a...