Saturday, November 15, 2008

I Am A Dork (Duh)

Many of my fervent fans are eagerly awaiting stories from my recent trip to the Emerald City. I am in the process of organizing my thoughts, so as to convey the truly bizarre quality of the stories.

So, thought I would drop this little nugget out, while I work on the "A" material.

This morning I was catching up on some newspaper reading, checking out our small, local newspaper. Just as a point of reference, my town has 2,000 people. So, there is a lot of nice, small town stories.

One of the stories had to do with an upcoming Abraham Lincoln re-enactment. In my haste, I simply glanced over the story, and went right to a publicity pic. My first thought was, "Dang, pretty cold to have a guy play Mary Todd in the play." Then I noticed the guy was playing Stephen Douglas, not Mary Todd Lincoln.

I am such a dork.

3 comments:

Guinevere said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh, wait.

That's it?

*sigh* Ok, I'll save my real heavy laughter for later.

;o)

Shannon said...

LOL If you are a dork, you have great company as many of us fall into that same category! :)

Dory said...

You are in good company. Dorks Anonymous are alive and well here in blogland. :o)

Mountain Dew, Why Do You Hate Me?

 For most of my life (a lengthy bit of time) I have been a passionate supporter of Mountain Dew.  To apply a time filter to this statement, ...